The coronavirus is a vicious disease that it can attack without you knowing it. You can show no symptoms but can be a very active carrier to someone more vulnerable. COVID-19 can quickly spread from an infected person to another by coughing and sneezing nearby, or on surfaces.
It has also been observed that the virus can survive on plastic or stainless steel surfaces for 2 to 3 days. That is why cleaning and disinfecting surfaces are most crucial these days to kill the virus or prevent it from spreading to more people.
Now that people are advised to stay more at home to flatten the curve, you still need to be vigilant in keeping your family safe from viral infection. More people are at home most of the day, so the high traffic areas must be kept clean and sanitized, such as the bathroom, kitchen, and living room.
It is critical to identify the frequently touched surfaces like the kitchen counters, handrails, and water taps for regular cleaning and disinfection. Consider the number of people in contact with surfaces that may carry the virus, such as doorknobs, handles, mobile phones, light switches, steering wheels, and keyboards.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests daily disinfection of frequently touched surfaces. You must also note that not all cleaners are effective in killing the virus.
Here are the safest and effective ways to kill COVID-19.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, especially after sneezing, coughing, blowing your nose, or just been to a public place like the grocery.
- If soap and water are not available in your area, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces with soap and water before disinfecting. Use EPA-registered household disinfectants.
- When using alcohol to disinfect, keep concentration at around 70% to kill coronaviruses. It is recommended to leave solutions of 70% alcohol on surfaces for 30 seconds to make sure that the virus is killed. COVID-19 has an outer protective lipid coat, and anything that can disrupt this outer membrane can effectively kill the virus. 70% isopropyl alcohol can disrupt this outer coating; therefore, it can kill the virus. Alcohol is ideal for wiping clean mobile phone screens, computer monitors, and keyboards.
- Hydrogen peroxide is also useful in disinfecting surfaces. It must be diluted to 0.5% concentration and leave on surfaces for one minute before wiping to be effective in killing coronaviruses.
- To make sure that your area is adequately cleaned and disinfected, you can hire professional cleaning and sanitation services. In this time of COVID-19 crisis, you should make sure that your environment is safe and hygienic. After all, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
For your cleaning and sanitation services in the Collier County, FL area, check out cleaning and sanitation services Marco Island, cleaning and sanitation services Naples, cleaning and sanitation services Golden Gate. You may also call 239-438-4703 for further inquiries.
The coronavirus crisis is not abating anytime soon. We can only protect ourselves as much as we can by being consistently hygienic and be aware of how we can effectively kill this virus the safest way possible.